Wellspring International Bilingual School Saigon (Wellspring Saigon) and IIG Vietnam signed an MOU to implement the activities to improve the quality of English and IT teaching to an international standard, on 3rd September 2014 in HCMC.
In the context of globalization, English and IT are two essential tools to integrate with the international studying and working environment. Thus, schools and training centers are required to improve their quality of English and IT teaching. This is also an important goal for Wellspring, in order to increase their competitive advantage and equip their students with the tools they need in the future.
With the motto “Igniting a passion for life”, Wellspring has always been focused on applying modern curriculum and international standards to evaluate students’ capabilities. As a result, Wellspring Saigon signed the MOU with IIG Vietnam – the leading organization in providing comprehensive education solutions in Vietnam, and the only official country representative of international organizations, such as Educational Testing Service (ETS), Certiport and Sanako. According to the MOU, IIG Vietnam and Wellspring Saigon with work closely together on many facets:
1. Standardize students’ level of proficiency by international certificates and programs:
International certificates in English language:
– To use TOEFL Primary tests annually to evaluate students’ English proficiency for grades 2, 3, 4 and 5 in Wellspring Saigon in compliance with the regulations of HCMC Department of Education and Training.
– To use the TOEFL Junior tests annually to evaluate students’ English proficiency for grades 6, 7, 8 and 9 in Wellspring Saigon in compliance with the regulations of HCMC Department of Education and Training.
– To use the TOEFL iBT test annually to evaluate students’ English proficiency for grades 10, 11 and 12 in Wellspring Saigon.
International certificates in IT:
– To use the IC3 test to evaluate students’ IT and Internet proficiency for grades 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 in Wellspring Saigon in compliance with the regulations of HCMC Department of Education and Training.
2. Enhance teaching capacity
Besides supporting the application of the international English language and IT assessment programs, IIG Vietnam committed to aid the school in enhancing the capacity of teachers and renovate the school’s curriculum via:
– Organizing teacher workshops for the TOEFL tests and the IC3 tests for Wellspring Saigon’s teachers.
– Building the IT curriculums based on IC3 standard to meet the desired outcome of Wellspring Saigon.
– Providing teaching and learning equipments, American teachers, and test organization for Wellspring Saigon.
“We highly appreciate the modern views of Wellspring Saigon in applying international standard testing programs for students. Together with standardizing English and IT proficiency for Wellspring Saigon’s students, the MOU between IIG Vietnam and Wellspring Saigon is also a base for the school’s students to be confident as international citizens”, said Ms. Vu Bich Ngoc, HCMC Branch Director, IIG Vietnam, at the MOU signing ceremony.