1. What is MTA?
MTA: Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) is an entry-level certification that validates fundamental technology skills and knowledge in Microsoft products. MTA exams, delivered by Certiport, are designed to assess and validate core technical concepts in three primary areas: Databases, Development and IT Infrastructure.
The MTA provides a thorough foundation for those looking to move on towards qualifications that are more technical such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
The MTA is not a qualifying certificate to take the exam for more advanced certifications, but only confirms the background knowledge in the field of Information Technology, valuable for career orientation for students.
2. Who should take the MTA exams??
- IT-majored students and educators
- IT staff
3. Exams tracks
The MTA certification program provides three tracks of exams, categorized by the career the individual want to pursue. These tracks includes:
Structure of the MTA exam
|Exams||Number question||Time (minutes)||Pass score|
|Software Dev Fundamentals||51||50||70|
|Mobility and Device Fundamentals||45||50||70|
|HTML5 Application Dev Fundamentals||56||50||70|
|Introduction to Programming using Block-Based Languages||38-39||50||70|
|Intro to Programming using Python||40||45||70|
|Intro to Programming using HTML and CSS||41||45||70|
|Intro to Programming using Java||44||45||70|
|IT Infrastructure Exams|
|Windows Server Admin Fundamentals||57||50||70|
|Windows OS Fundamentals||55||50||70|
- Candidates are notified of the results immediately after completing the test. If the required score is met, the candidate will be issued a certificate in the form of an online download (soft copy).
- After passing each exam, candidates will be granted 01 MTA certificate of corresponding content, for example: MTA Software Development Fundamentals certificate, MTA Windows Server Administrations Fundamentals certificate…
- Reference certificate template