Appropriate uses of the TFI test in organizations may include:
- French proficiency standardization for each position.
- Testing the French level of staffs.
- Recruiting, promoting and deploying employees. The score standards are used as one criterion in making personal decisions.
- Selection of staff for technical training that is conducted in French and for working abroad.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the French training programs for staffs.
- TFI score is one of required admission criteria of almost all universities/colleges in Quebec, Canada
Individuals use TFI score results to:
- Demonstrate their ability of using French.
- Apply for new job positions.
- Set French learning goals and monitor their progress.